Terms & Conditions
Our acceptance of any order is made conditional on the buyer’s agreement to the terms and conditions as stated herein.
- Pro forma invoices are available. The order will be entered and scheduled for production upon receipt of funds.
- Open account terms are net 30 days from date of invoice (no cash or anticipation discounts).
- Slow payments delay shipments.
- We do not ship C.O.D. under any circumstances.
- Must maintain a minimum annual volume to remain an active account and receive wholesale pricing.
- A minimum opening order is required to establish an account. Please check with your local representative.
- Clearly mark “confirmation do not duplicate” on orders previously called or faxed to prevent duplication.
- Unless otherwise stated, all back orders will be cancelled.
- Custom items meeting minimums will require a 50% deposit and balance before delivery.
- Orders are entered based on the item number that you have given, not the description.
- Robert Abbey has a Quick Ship program of items that can ship within 5 business
days after order date (based upon stock availability).
- Because of the short turnaroundtime, any Quick Ship order cancellation requests must
be made in writing within 24 hours of order placement. Quick Ship items are designated
on the Abbey price list.
- Non Quick Ship orders usually ship within 3-4 weeks.
- We offer an expedited production service on small quantities of lighting (2 pieces maximum)
for RUSH orders on Non-Quick Ship items.
- If we have the components, we can produce and ship the items within the 5-7 business day
lead time, with payment of a $50 expedited production fee for each
2 pieces. This service applies to small rush orders only.
Shipping & Handling
- All shipments are F.O.B. Factory Hickory, North Carolina.
- All freight is sent freight collect, unless otherwise negotiated.
- Note that other fees may apply such as residential delivery, liftgate services.
- Seller assumes no responsibility for damage in transit.
- Most UPS and Federal Express Ground shipments are sent prepaid
and added to the customer’s invoice. There may be exceptions.
- Robert Abbey charges an additional $25 drop ship fee on any order that is
shipping to an address other than the normal account delivery address.
The drop ship fee does not apply to shipments sent to a regular third
party warehouse on record.
- Robert Abbey will ship best and cheapest unless otherwise directed.
- Orders already in production may not be cancelled.
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing via fax or e-mail.
- No deductions allowed without prior authorization from Robert Abbey.
Exchange & Returns
- Robert Abbey will only accept returns on defective merchandise. We must
be notified within 365 days of shipment date.
- All damages must be reported within 30 days of delivery. If not, we
are not able to file a claim and send a replacement.